Friday 1 April 2011

Day Four! - 2KCBWDAY4


Day four of the annual knitting and crochet blog week

"Where are they now?
Whatever happened to your __________?
Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.
There are a lot of different aspects to look at when looking back at a knitting project and it can make for interesting blogging, as much of the time we blog about items recently completed, new and freshly completed. It is not so often that we look back at what has happened to these items after they have been around for a while.
How has one of your past knits lived up to wear. Maybe an item has become lost. Maybe you spent weeks knitting your giant-footed dad a pair of socks in bright pink and green stripes which the then ‘lost’. If you have knit items to donate to a good cause, you could reflect on the was in which you hope that item is still doing good for it’s owner or the cause it was made to support."


I struggled with finding something to talk about for this one. I Have only been crocheting since last May, blogging since October and knitting since January this year, so finding something that has been around long enough to count has been hard! The first ever gift I made was last June. It was a little amigurumi mouse for my sisters birthday. However, I completely forgot to take a picture of it! (I do plan to ask her whether I can borrow it for a little photo shoot one day, but keep forgetting!)
I am going to bend the rules a little bit. I only made these little things a few weeks ago so they haven't been around for long, but I feel they are the best interpretation of the challenge set.

Meet the monster couple! These were made for my youngest sister Sarah and her boyfriend Deccy. Deccy was very impressed when he saw some of the things I had made so I decided to make them both a little something :)


They are both quite gothic style-wise, so I chose darker colours for them. Red and black seemed perfect for monsters! I decided to do opposite colours, so one started with red and the other started with black. They needed their own characters :) Their eyes and teeth were made out of felt (I had ran out of my usual toy eyes!!) I originally sewed them on, but was not happy with the look of the stitches through the felt so re-did them and glued them on with super-glue (the only glue I had at hand!). I finished them both really late at night, the day before I planned to give them! I was exhausted but it was very worth it, they both loved them! I have no idea whether they have survived any wear and tear, but I will ask them and let you all know! I also will find out their names :) The one on the left with one eye was given to Sarah, and the other one was given to Deccy.
Here are a few more pictures:


So there you have it :) My little monster couple! Hope you like them as much as Sarah and Deccy do!

For those interested, the pattern can be found here


Thank for visiting again! Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment