If you, like many others find gloomy days hard then this post is for you! Today has been a rather gloomy and cold day so I thought we all needed a little cheering up.
1. Soup. For those of you who like soup you will agree it is perfect for warming you up on a cold winters day.
2. Blankets. Gloomy days are a perfect excuse to get your favourite blanket out and snuggle up!
3. Hot water bottles have to come next on the list. What is better than soup, a blanket and a hot water bottle?!
4. A loved one. As it gets closer to Valentines day a loved one is the perfect thing to add next to this recipe! However if you do not have a partner right now, a family member, friend or pet is still wonderful!
5. COLOUR!! Colour is a big part of feeling happy, expressing feelings, thoughts and memories. Colour surrounds your whole life, encompassing it with joy, sadness, anger, happiness.... The list could go on. Colour can invigorate the best, or the worst of memories, but, since there is no way of escaping it, embrace it with all you've got!
6. The evenings are still dark but don't have to be depressing! Look out your window and see all the pretty lights, the patterns they make and the magic they create! If your lucky enough to live in a secluded area look up the stars. See how many you can identify, maybe even try to count them!
7. Indulge in some comfort food! Comfort food can make you feel so much better after a hard day.
8. Lastly, if its raining take some time to watch it. Wrap up warm, get comfy and just watch. It makes the most amazing noise and patterns as it runs down your window. When I was younger I used to pretend that the droplets were having a race, and I'd follow two to see which one won! I'd highly recommend it, it kept me occupied for hours!
Hope this made you a little happier and inspired you to try some of the things I've suggested :) Have a happy rest of your Monday!
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Love and hugs, Sam xx