Wednesday 30 March 2011

Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week! - 2KCBWDAY1





Sorry I've been so quite recently! This is about to change as it is the annual knitting and crochet blog week, and I will be posting every single day! I've missed one day (it started yesterday) so I will be doing day one and following it by day two straight after.
For more information about the week go here, and if you take part let me know and I'll come and take a look!

Day 1

"Part of any fibre enthusiast’s hobby is an appreciation of yarn. Choose two yarns that you have either used, are in your stash or which you yearn after and capture what it is you love or loathe about them."

I find yarn magical. I love everything about it! I love to imagine the things that could be made with it, I love to feel its softness and look at the different colour choices for each set. I especially love yarn with different colours running through it, and also find it is more of a surprise as to how the finished product will look! I have a major obsession with yarn right now... Like, really major! Thankfully I have managed to refrain from buying any recently, but I have a biiiig list of ones I plan to buy! My latest yarn crush are these:


  

They are sooo beautiful! I have never made socks, but I imagine these would make the most wonderful socks! Soooo pretty and colourful... *sigh*
Yarn that I own and love is this: Creative Yarns Reflections. I own it in green, grey, fiery, and blue! I am just mesmerised by it! Here's a picture of the fiery one :) Mine is slightly different though and has orangey sparkles through it! It reminds me of autumn, and bonfire night, and warmth...



I want to own every shade of this beautiful soft yarn! The site I have linked doesn't have all the shades and is missing one of my favourites - Pink!

Okay, now for a yarn I don't like.... Well, I love it and hate it to be honest... I love it because its pretty, and has lots of potential to be something wonderful. I hate it because I can not work out how to use it!! I have tried many times with both of these types of yarns, and can not seem to crochet anything with it successfully however hard I try! (if anyone can help please do!!) 
Ready to know which yarn it is? Its this:


Yep Pom Pom yarn... Sooo pretty, but it manages to beat me every time! This is not the Pom Pom yarn I own, mine is purple and much smaller, but I didn't have chance to take a picture so this will have to do! The other yarn which I completely struggle with is eyelash yarn.... I can't crochet it without causing knots!


So there you have it :) You now all know a little bit more about my yarn obsession! I am looking forward to the tips on how to use the pom pom and eyelash yarn ;)

It is now rather late so I might do day two and three together instead of one and two like originally planned! See you all tomorrow and thank you for visiting!!



Much love, Samantha xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha,
    I love yarn as well,must admit I don't do as much knitting and crochet as I use to,but can't resist touching wool when I see it in shops...I did knit a scarf for Katy with the pom pom and found it quite challenging,did manage to do it in the end,but can't give you any help with crocheting with it,sorry...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete